Check out what SEO Gurus have to say on this,
"I've said it before, but SEO is in many ways about change. The Best SEOs recognize, adapt, and even flourish when changes happen." - Matt Cutts
"I'll be honest - I don't think SEO will die." - Rand Fishkin (SEO Moz)
Even I believe that SEO will never die, it will be updated. In every field, change and update is the future, so you have to be updated in SEO if you want to grow.
Then who’s gonna die?
- Old Fashioned Strategy
- Traditional Behavior
- Those who don't know algorithm changes
- Meta keywords, Meta Description, Meta Author
- H1 to H6 Tags
- Bold, Italic, Underline and other formatting tags
- Exact matching anchor texts in contextual links
- Title attribute used for anchor text and images
- Using table formed structure instead of DIV and HTML5+CSS3
- IDs / parameters / numbers in URL instead of meaningful name of the page
- Heavily stuff keywords in URL, Images name, links & Content
- Heavy Images and code, flash
- Heavy size of the page
- Broken links
- Poor usage of 301, 302, 404
- Directory Submissions using keywords instead of business/brand names.
- Social Bookmarking with repeated titles and descriptions
- Article Submission using same/spun/poor quality content
- Useless press releases distribution
- Classified posting
- Creating just profiles on web 2.0 properties
- Blog commenting
- Forums with unplanned strategy
- Products / services image submission
- Building Authority
- Quality Content
- Adaptable Content & Responsive Design
- Unique approach
- Expanding your network by encouraging authority to connect
- Balanced, neutral link profiles
- Removing low quality links
- Social Media Engagement
The points above reveal that SEO will never die, but the process will change/get updated day by day. You have to update yourself in the SEO field to grow. Be adaptable and an eager learner to stay on top.
Do you have any questions? Please leave an email at email@example.com.
Dhaval Shah is the Search Engine Marketing Manager at Analytix Solutions LLC, an Accounting based company in Woburn, MA. Contact him on firstname.lastname@example.org.